November 2 CGC Seminar
General Introduction to LeadinGuides CGC Seminar
CGC Seminar is one of the categories of seminar that the team at LeadinGuides Educational Technologies periodically organize. This seminar primarily targets teenage Nigerians – students in secondary schools. However, it does not exempts other individuals who find it worthwhile. In fact, we encourage as many people as possible to attend this event.
The November 2 CGC Seminar
An edition of the CGC Seminar will hold on Saturday, November 2, 2019. The venue of this edition is the American Corner section of Murtala Mohammed Library Complex. This is located at Ahmadu Bello Way, Nassarawa, Kano. The seminar kicks-off at 11:00 am prompt.
What to Learn at the November 2 CGC Seminar
In each of this seminar category, we address topical issues bordering educational and career decisions among teenage Nigerians. We also provide practical guidelines to help them make informed decisions that best suites.
The Career Guidance and Counselling Seminar is birthed out of research findings in which the company conducted between 2014 and 2016.
In the research, the company unveiled many career and educational decision issues among teens at the post secondary level. Some of such issues are that:
- majority of JAMB applicants – secondary schools graduates and prospective higher education students – know far too little career alternatives. For instance, we analyzed JAMB/UTME statistics since the last 10 years. And we found out that that out of the 630 courses offered across tertiary institutions in Nigeria from which applicants can choose from, only 15 courses accounts for about 80% of all applications for every year of the last ten years.
- most career decisions are not based on any empirical method but will and wishes. For example we found out that two of the most common reasons choosing a course is Seeming course prestige and outside influence.
We also traced the effects of wrong educational and career decisions to poor academic performance, unemployment and low productivity at the labour market.
From these findings we have structured robust career guidance and counselling programme to help students avoid loopholes involved in making career and educational decisions, provide step-by-step formula to arriving at a well-informed choices and also to coach them on personal development for high academic and life successes.
The content of this particular edition of our career guidance and counselling seminar include:
- Career decision trend;
- Analysis Report of JAMB/UTME statistics over the last 10 years;
- Career Decision Logic: the right and wrong formula; and
- The Success Ahead: Bulletproof against failure
Registration for the November 2 CGC Seminar opened on Monday, October 21, 2019.
While many students register at their schools – that is, for schools that will be attending as group – then the school’s rep registers the students at arrival; independent individuals who wishes to attend register online via this link (click to go to registration page).
You may also register at arrival on the day of the seminar.
For further details, call/message us at +2348067689217 or our email support@LeadinGuides.com